In recognition that our existing businesses are the foundation and the future of our economy, SCDC is pleased to partner with Beth Plutchak and Sue Gleason to offer Economic Gardening services to Sauk County businesses.
Economic Gardening (EG) is an approach to helping small businesses grow. EG was developed twenty years ago in Littleton, CO and is based on the fundamental concept that entrepreneurs drive economies. We have developed a unique public/private partnership model between SCDC and our consultants to provide services to small businesses that want to grow but do not have the necessary in-house resources. Our consultants, Sue Gleason and Beth Plutchak, have both received Economic Gardening training at the Edward Lowe Foundation and have decades of experience working with businesses and public and private community organizations.
Innovation Strategy Analysis
This three-part process is the core service of the program. The analysis includes a two hour meeting with a company identified team, delivery of the innovation strategy report within two weeks of the meeting, and a follow-up meeting to discuss the report and make implementation decisions.
- Trend reports geared to your product, your industry, and your target market
- Business Intelligence: customer & competitor research, & market niche analysis
- Marketing lists
New Media Marketing Check-up
- Overview of your online footprint
- Social media recommendations
- Blog recommendation report and resources
Leadership and Management
- Management/Team/Leadership assessment and facilitated discussion
- Projections based on researched assumptions
- Cash Flow Analysis
- Financial Benchmarking. Compare your financial performance to like industries.