SCDC recognizes that most new job growth occurs at existing companies, and is therefore is committed to helping existing Sauk County businesses grow. SCDC reaches out to many businesses each year by conducting business retention and exapansion (BRE) visits and actively responds to requests for assistance from County businesses. Reuests for assistance by existing businesses usually fall into the following three areas:
- Assistance with securing additional financing/re-refinancing
- Assistance with securing a building or site for expansion
- Assistance with workforce development issues
SCDC also strives to help existing County businesses by
- Identifying grants that may be advantageous to a company
- Helping to promote export trade (in association with the WI Econ. Dev. Corp. & WI Manf. Ext. Partnership)
If you are an existing company in Sauk County and would like to see if SCDC can help your business grow, contact SCDC Exeuctive Director at 608.355.2084.